I joined the School of Pharmacy at Keele in 2006 and my subject area is pharmaceutics. I worked in Nottingham School of Pharmacy and London School of Pharmacy before joining Keele.
Research and scholarship
My research interests cover the formulation and evaluation of particulate drug delivery systems. The characteristics and in vivo fate of the delivery systems can be substantially affected by the properties of the particles, particularly by surface modification of particles using natural or synthetic polymers. The preparation process also plays a key role affecting the properties of the particles obtained.
I currently teach some of the pharmaceutics elements in the MPharm and BSc in Pharmaceutical Science with Business programmes. I am the examinations officer for the undergraduate programmes of the School.
- Yuan Q, Wang Y, Song R, Hou X, Yu K, Zheng J, Zhang J, Pu X, Han J, Zong L. 2019. Study on Formulation, in vivo Exposure, and Passive Targeting of Intravenous Itraconazole Nanosuspensions. Front Pharmacol, 225, vol. 10. link> doi>
- Zong L, Li X, Wang H, Cao Y, Yin L, Li M, Wei Z, Chen D, Pu X, Han J. 2017. Formulation and characterization of biocompatible and stable I.V. itraconazole nanosuspensions stabilized by a new stabilizer polyethylene glycol-poly(β-Benzyl-l-aspartate) (PEG-PBLA). Int J Pharm, 108-117, vol. 531(1). link> doi>
- Guan J, Han J, Zhang D, Chu C, Liu H, Sun J, He Z, Zhang T. 2014. Increased dissolution rate and oral bioavailability of hydrophobic drug glyburide tablets produced using supercritical CO₂ silica dispersion technology. Eur J Pharm Biopharm, 376-382, vol. 86(3). link> doi>
- Ning X, Wu Y, Han X, Yan Z, Han J, He Z, Sun J. Strategies to improve dissolution and oral absorption of glimepiride tablets: solid dispersion versus micronization techniques (2011). Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy, 727-736, vol. 37. doi>
- Zhang X, Lu S, Han J, Sun S, Wang L, Li Y. 2011. Preparation, characterization and in vivo distribution of solid lipid nanoparticles loaded with syringopicroside. Die Pharmazie, 404-407, vol. 66(6). link> doi>
- Xiaohui P, Sun J, Wang Y, Wang Y, Liu X, Zhang P, Tang X, Pan W, Han J, He Z. 2009. Development of a chemically stable 10-hydroxycamptothecin nanosuspension using microprecipotation-high pressure homogenization. International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 167-173, vol. 379. link> doi>
- Han J, Washington C, Davis SS. 2007. Design and evaluation of an emulsion vehicle for paclitaxel. II. Suppression of the crystallization of paclitaxel by freeze-drying technique. Drug Dev Ind Pharm, 1151-1157, vol. 33(10). link> doi>
- Han J, Beeton A, Long PF, Wong I, Tuleu C. 2006. Physical and microbiological stability of an extemporaneous tacrolimus suspension for paediatric use. J Clin Pharm Ther, 167-172, vol. 31(2). link> doi>
- Constantinides, P.P., Han, J. & Davis, S.S. (2006). Advances in the Use of Tocols as Drug Delivery Vehicles. Pharmaceutical Research 23, 243–255. Link> doi>
- J. Han, C. Washington (2005). Partition of antimicrobial additives in an intravenous emulsion and their effect on emulsion physical stability. International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 288(2), 263-271. link> doi>
- Karimova A, Robertson A, Cross N, Smith L, O'Callaghan M, Tuleu C, Long P, Beeton A, Han J, Ridout D, Goldman A, Brown K. 2005. A wet-primed extracorporeal membrane oxygenation circuit with hollow-fiber membrane oxygenator maintains adequate function for use during cardiopulmonary resusitation after two weeks on standby. Critical Care Medicine, 33(7), 1572-1576. doi: 10.1097/01.CCM.0000168598.40541.22
- Han J, Washington C, Melia CD. A concentric cylinder shear device for the study of stability in intravenous emulsions. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2004 Nov;23(3):253-60. link> doi>
- Han J, Davis SS, Papandreou C, Melia CD, Washington C. Design and evaluation of an emulsion vehicle for paclitaxel. I. Physicochemical properties and plasma stability. Pharm Res. 2004 Sep;21(9):1573-80. link> doi>
- Han J, Beeton A, Long P, Karimova A, Robertson A, Cross N, Smith L, O'Callaghan M, Goldman A, Brown K, Tuleu C. Plasticizer di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP) release in wet-primed extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) circuits. Int J Pharm. 2005 Apr 27;294(1-2):157-9. link> doi>
- Han J, Davis SS, Washington C. Physical properties and stability of two emulsion formulations of propofol. Int J Pharm. 2001 Mar 14;215(1-2):207-20. link> doi>
- Han J, Wang L, Su D (1993). A study of the chemical stability of FT-207 intravenous fat emulsion by HPLC method. Journal of Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, 171-175, vol. 3(10).
- Zhao N, Liu X, Sun Y, Wang Y, Pu X, Qin Y, Han J, Sun J, He Z. Factors affecting particle size of an intravenous fat emulsions. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 161-167, vol. 5(4).
- Han J and Su D (1991). Physical properties of an anticancer drug FT-207 fat emulsion. Journal of Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, 14-17, vol. 1(8).
- Han J and Su D (1991). The properties of the interface between soybean oil and water. Chinese Pharmaceutical Journal, 539-542, vol. 9(26).
- Bistrussu S, Beeton A, Castaldo G, Han J, Wong I, Tuleu C, Long P, Brown K, Cross N, Cope J, Goldman AP, Karimova A, O'Callaghan M, Robertson A, Smith L. 2004. Are extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) circuits stored 'wet-primed' a likely source of infection?. J Clin Microbiol. 2004 Aug; 42(8): 3906. (Letter to Editor)
- Davis SS and Han J. (1999). Taxol emulsion. (Patent, PCT WO 99/04787)
School of Pharmacy and Bioengineering
Research centre address:
School of Pharmacy and Bioengineering
Guy Hilton Research Centre
Tel: +44 (0) 1782 674988
Please contact the CPD4ALL team: