Nursing Associate Apprenticeship
The Nursing Associate Apprenticeship at Keele University is designed to nurture individuals to make a difference in the workplace. The apprenticeship has a practical approach to the knowledge, skills and behaviour development required to be a Nursing Associate.
Duration: 2 years.
Qualification: FdSc Nursing Associate.
Application: We typically require applications 6 weeks before programme starts.
The apprenticeship is for anyone looking to become a Nursing Associate who works in a caring role and has a desire to develop their healthcare career. Applicants who have completed the Healthcare Assistant Practitioner apprenticeship or an equivalent programme, can study this apprenticeship through a shortened route of 12 months, utilising the Recognition of Prior Learning process.
The programme is underpinned by.
- The Health Education England, Education Framework for Nursing Associates.
- The NMC (Nursing and Midwifery Council), Standards for Nursing Associates.
- The Apprenticeship Standard for Nursing Associates.
Participants will be employed as an Apprentice Nursing Associate and will undertake the equivalent of one day per week in a placement environment. This will be rotated across several settings to give a broad experience. The learning on the apprenticeship reflects the practical nature of the role, while ensuring competence.
Examples of indicative modules include.
- Person-centred approach to care.
- Professional values.
- Delivering Nursing Associate care, new knowledge and skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Duty of care, candour, equality and diversity.
- Medicines management.
- Health and wellbeing.
To complete an apprenticeship, you must be employed in an organisation with your employer's support. We typically require apprentice applications 6 weeks before programme starts and by undertaking an apprenticeship, you commit to completing the End Point Assessment (EPA).
The Nursing Associate Apprenticeship typically requires.
- Some experience in a care setting.
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C (4) or accepted equivalent such as Functional Skills.
We will work in partnership with you to ensure you are supported throughout the apprenticeship process.
- Our Business Engagement Manager will provide tailored support and offer guidance on applying for an apprenticeship at Keele University, direction on eligibility and contracting, or any other questions you may have.
- This relationship does not stop once you start an apprenticeship at Keele University. We also have dedicated Work-Based Learning Officers to guide you through the apprenticeship when you are studying on one of our programmes.
- We offer a personalised approach to apprentices, ensuring you have the assistance you need from Keele University as your Training Provider, every step of the way.
Why Keele University?
Keele University is proud to offer a variety of apprenticeships across different sectors and specialisms.
Our apprenticeship approach has been praised by Ofsted (Monitoring Visit, June 2021) and we have a growing portfolio of apprenticeship programmes, based on employer needs through consultation.