Post and parcels
During term-time, the Post Room will be open Monday to Friday 8.00am - 6.00pm. Doors will close 10 minutes before.
Our opening times during vacation periods are 08:00-16:50 weekdays, excluding public holidays - please see the latest vacation opening times here.
If you have any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are two people allowed in the Post Room at one time. Like all other buildings, you will need to wear a face covering when you enter the building, and only students collecting items will be allowed to enter.
Students will still need to bring their Keele Card when picking up their post and will be asked to scan the card themselves on our reader. Please do not come to the Post Room for parcels/letters until you have received an email to say it has arrived.
Our busiest hours are between 12:00 and 16:30, where you may have to queue.
COLLECTING YOUR ITEMS
Parcels/letters sent to students living on campus will be available for collection from the Post Room which is situated in the Media Building (behind the Lennard-Jones Building).
You will receive an e-mail notification for parcels and letters but the email will not state which it is. Please ensure all post is addressed correctly, including your name hall, block and room number. This will result in a speedier and more reliable service.
- You must have your Keele card.
- You are not permitted to collect items for other students. The only exception is if they are incapacitated for any reason and then they need to email the Post Room with details of who is collecting.
- If you have a parcel/letter we will send you an email. Do not come for parcels/letters until you receive an email from the post room.
- Any parcels not collected within 28 days unless prior arrangements have been agreed via email to postroom’keele.ac.uk will be returned to sender where we are able. As some couriers will not accept returned parcels these items will be disposed of.
HOW TO ADDRESS POST TO A KEELE RESIDENT
Full name as it appears on the Keele card (no nicknames or chosen names)
Nobody else is allowed to use your address and abuse of this service may result in the withdrawal of the service to use the Post Room.
Barnes - ST5 5DZ
Holly Cross - ST5 5JB
Horwood - ST5 5DY
Lindsay - ST5 5DX
The Oaks - ST5 5JD
- Drugs (prescription drugs are allowed)
- Hazardous chemicals
- Perishable items
The Post room will if it suspects any restricted items ask you to open the item in front of a member of the Security team.
We liaise with Staffordshire Police and have regular visits from the dog support team.
RETURN TO SENDER POLICY
- If you don’t live on campus your items will be returned.
- Any items we cannot identify will be returned.
- It is your responsibility to move items to your halls.
LEAVING STUDENT ACCOMMODATION
- Check for mail and parcels before you leave.
- Make sure that you inform people of your new address.
- Change your address details on your online accounts.
- The Post room does not redirect items and will return to sender where we are able. As some couriers will not accept returned parcels these items will be disposed of.
For security reasons couriers are not allowed in the halls of residence. Courier collections must be pre-booked and left in the Post room 24 hours before collection.
STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
If you have difficulty collecting items please contact the Post room for assistance:
Phone 01782 734468