Post and parcels
During term-time, the Post Room will be open Monday to Friday 8.00am - 6.00pm. Doors will close 10 minutes before.
Our opening times during vacation periods are 08:00-16:50 weekdays, excluding public holidays - please see the latest vacation opening times here. The Post Room is not open on the weekends due to poor demand. The following services are available.
- Amazon locker on the Students’ Union Ground Floor open 9am-7pm Weekdays and 10am-6pm Saturdays. Use code ‘WAN’ or go to Amazon.co.uk/addwan to use the Amazon Locker.
- Martin’s Post office open from 8am-6pm weekdays, 8am-4pm Saturday and 8am-2pm Sunday. The Post office can receive post through the Royal Mail's local collect program. You can buy stamps, post parcels and access other Royal Mail Services from Martins which is adjacent to the SU. Royal mail offers a click and drop service on their website to enable you to buy postage online.
There is a priority Post Box in the lay by at the bus stop at Barnes Y on University Drive. Please see our Campus map for all other post boxes.
If you have any issues, please email email@example.com.
For security reasons couriers are not allowed in the halls of residence. Courier collections must be pre-booked and left in the Post room 24 hours before collection.
Please ensure all post is addressed correctly resulting in a speedier and more reliable service.
Full name as it appears on the Keele card (no nicknames or chosen names)
Nobody else is allowed to use your address and abuse of this service may result in the withdrawal of the service to use the Post Room.
Barnes - ST5 5DZ
Holly Cross - ST5 5JB
Horwood - ST5 5DY
Lindsay - ST5 5DX
The Oaks – ST5 5JD
If you do not live on campus your items will be returned.
Any items we cannot identify will be returned.
If you have difficulty collecting items please contact the Post room for assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not come to the Post Room for parcels/letters until you have received an email to say it has arrived.
Parcels/letters sent to students living on campus will be available for collection from the Post Room which is situated in the Media Building (behind the Lennard-Jones Building/Central Science Lab). Our busiest hours are between 12:00 and 16:30, where you may have to queue.
- You must have your Keele card and will be asked to scan the card yourself
- If you are unavailable to collect your post during regular hours, please contact the Post room for flexible hours: email and phone
- You are not permitted to collect items for other students. The only exceptions are if you are incapacitated for any reason or on placement and then you will need to email the Post Room with details of who is collecting.
- Any parcels not collected within 28 days unless prior arrangement has been agreed via email to email@example.com will be returned to sender if possible. As some couriers will not accept returned parcels these items will be disposed of.
- Please note that we reserve the right to dispose of any parcels that are identified as perishable goods (such as fruit, vegetables, meat, flowers) that are not collected 2 days after receipt. Perishable goods spoil very quickly when not stored appropriately which can be a risk to health but also create unpleasant odours. Depending on the packaging used, we may not be able to identify these goods immediately so please collect your parcels as soon as possible after receiving this email, to avoid any potential perishable goods spoiling or being disposed of.
- Do not order parcels when you are on vacation or not in a position to collect as we have limited storage.
It is your responsibility to move items to your halls please bear this in mind when ordering.
There are trolleys available to borrow. Failure to return the trolley will incur a charge.
- Check for mail and parcels before you leave.
- Make sure that you inform people of your new address.
- Change your address details on your online accounts.
- The Post room does not redirect items and will return to sender where possible Some couriers will not accept returned parcels; these items will be disposed of.