58 Shades of Black
Online art workshop.
58 Shades of Black with Alisha Friday.
Friday 16th October 7-8.30pm
If you like good vibes and being creative, this virtual painting tutorial led by Alisha Friday is definitely for you. Sit back and relax while she'll show you exactly what to do by giving you step-by-step instructions on how to create your next masterpiece.
Alisha is a Stoke-on-Trent based freelance, community and visual artist. She was born and raised in Stoke on-Trent, before moving to Liverpool to study Fine Art at Liverpool John Moores University. Since graduating in 2016 she has been working as a community artist, running art events and workshops, in addition to producing both commissioned and my own artwork.
The artwork she'll be teaching is one of her own but you'll be free to interpret it however you feel- in your own style or using her work to inspire you to create something completely different!
Alisha will be using acrylic paint on canvas – but feel free to join in with whatever you have to hand. If you don’t have any art supplies, please let ArtsKeele know because we have some art resources available for collection in advance of the workshop for Keele student participants, if you need any - these will be available first come first served from Union Square in the centre of campus between 4-5pm on 14 October 2020.
Whether you’re painting with friends and family or riding solo, you’re a beginner or an experienced artist, get your playlist on shuffle and grab yourself a bevvy (or a brew if you’d prefer) and get ready to paint.
What you’ll need:
1. Computer, Laptop or Mobile Viewing Device: Whichever you prefer, we suggest a larger device.
2. Painting Surface: We recommend a 16”x20” but you can really paint at any size or on any surface you’d prefer.
3. Acrylic Paint: White, Black, Blue, Yellow, Red
4. Paint Brushes: A large, flat brush, a round medium brush and a small brush to paint fine detail
5. Palette: A plastic lid or paper plate will work
6. Water Cup: Plastic cup or one that you don’t mind getting covered in paint.
7. Paper Towels: or old cloth for cleaning the brushes
Optional Supplies : Apron, Easel & Table Cloth or Newspaper to cover your workspace.
£5 for the workshop. Free of charge for the first ten Keele Students.
Link to join will be provided upon booking.
Click the button below to book...
- Event date
- Event Time
- Alisha Friday with Kwanzaa Collective UK* & ArtsKeele
- Contact email
- Contact telephone
- 01782 734340