Money and finance

It's important to ensure that you have made arrangements for the relevant funding before you start your course. You may have some money worries before starting university, but don't worry as we have a team of money advisers on hand to offer support and guidance.

Fees for UK/EU full time undergraduates commencing in 2019/20 are £9,250. Please note that this is the tuition fee for students joining undergraduate courses in 2019. For more information about tuition fees please see Money Advice and Guidance. You can take out a tuition fee loan from your student finance authority - see Student Finance section below. If you take out a tuition fee loan, the money will be paid direct to the University on your behalf by the relevant Government funding agency.

If you or your parent or guardian are paying some or all of your tuition fees yourself, payments can be made in one lump sum on enrolment, or in two instalments in September and January, both direct to the University.

Depending on where you live, you can apply to Student Finance England, Student Finance Wales, Student Awards Agency Scotland or Student Finance Northern Ireland for loans to cover the cost of tuition fees and your maintenance. Applications are made online and require you to return a signed declaration form. You will find this on the homepage of your Student Finance account or within your “Notification of Entitlement” letter which is located under ‘Letters and Emails’.

You will start to make repayments after you have left university and are earning over the repayment threshold, currently £25,725 a year. Interest on the loan is variable and linked to inflation.

Please remember that you must have all of your funding in place before you arrive in the UK.

We offer a variety of scholarships to international students. Some require an independent application, while others are awarded automatically. For more information, visit our funding webpages.

Details of your tuition fees for 2019/20 were included in your offer letter. All international students will receive an invoice, which will be sent to their Keele email account. If you are responsible for your own fees, you can pay either in full or in two instalments. It is unsafe to travel with large amounts of cash, so we recommend you pay your tuition fees online in advance. Please note the university is unable to accept cash payments exceeding £5000.

If you are a student arriving on an incoming Study Abroad programme you will have received information about your tuition fees. Please contact the Global Education Team if you require any further information.


If you have already enrolled you can click on the ‘eVision Portal’ to make a payment. If you have not yet enrolled you can still make an online payment using the following portals:

If you wish to pay by bank transfer please use the account details below. You must quote your student number followed by RF:

National Westminster Bank, 75 High Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, ST5 1PP

  • Account Name: Keele University
  • Sort Code: 54-10-27
  • Account Number: 05600456
  • IBAN: GB68 NWBK 5410 2705 6004 56

Please visit the Income Office website for further information regarding payment methods.

International Students

It is essential that you open a UK bank account once you have arrived in the UK and have enrolled at Keele, but it may take a few weeks before you will be able to use this account. Because of this, we recommend you bring around £300 in cash and an internationally accepted debit or credit card to cover your general living expenses for the first few weeks you are in the UK. Advice on how to open a bank account is available from the Student Services Centre on arrival and representatives from Santander, our bank on campus, will be helping students to open accounts during Keele Welcome.

To open a bank account in the UK you will need:

  • Passport and visa/BRP
  • Your University letter of acceptance that you received at your home residential address (the bank is looking for evidence that the University has corresponded with you at your place of residence)
  • Proof of your term-time address (a letter for this purpose is available from the Student Services Centre, Tawney Building after you have enrolled; students living off campus should take their rental contract)
  • A recent bank statement or credit card statement from your home bank, translated into English and containing your residential address (the statement must be less than three months old)