Home students arrival
If you are a UK student, then this is the section for you. Take a look at the information below to find out everything you need to know about arriving and enrolling at Keele.
Most of the things that you need to do to get enrolled, get your money etc. will be done before you arrive. However, it is important that you bring:
- Your passport or driving licence so that we can verifiy your identity. If you haven’t got a passport or driving licence, then you will need to bring: your birth certificate AND an official piece of correspondence with your name and address on it, e.g. a bank statement AND a photo ID with your name on it, e.g. national ID card, college ID card, bus pass, a membership card, etc.
- Your Financial Notification Schedule which details the amount of tuition fee you have to pay in case there is a problem with the electronic notification the University receives.
- Tip – make sure you have your Student Finance England passwords and secret answer if your loan is delayed and you need to contact them.
- Proof of your age and National Insurance Number (particularly if you are going to be looking for part-time work whilst studying).
- Accommodation Boarding Pass (which you will find when you have successfully completed your online Accommodation Induction) so you can collect your accommodation room key.
- Copies of your qualifications if these have not already been verified by the admissions team.
In order to register with the National Health Service and receive treatment, you must be registered with a general medical practice near where you live. Home students can register with the University Health Centre when you enrol for your course.
Please note that this is a normal GP surgery and not a Walk-in Centre, therefore you will need to be registered to access an appointment. The registration forms can be downloaded from the health centre website. Please fill these in before you arrive as this will minimise the time taken to process your registration. If you have a medical condition, are undergoing treatment at the hospital, or are taking repeat medication please bring this information with you when you register.
Please register at the Health Centre during your first week at University or as soon as possible, so that your medical records will be available when you do need to see a GP or Nurse.
New MenACWY vaccination for first-time university entrants:
NHS England are advising that first-time university entrants should be vaccinated with Meningococcal ACWY (MenACWY) vaccine BEFORE the beginning of the new academic term.
You should be hearing from your GP from August with the offer of the vaccination, however if you have not heard from your GP contact them to request the MenACWY vaccination. If you have not had the vaccination when you register, this will be available at this time or an appointment made within the next few weeks. Flu vaccinations will also be available for patients who need them.
As a Keele student you will have access to your personal email account powered by Gmail. To make sure you keep up to date with important emails, set up your Keele email account on your phone - simply set it up as a Gmail account using your Keele IT account details.
If you want to access course materials on the KLE whilst on the move you may also want to download the Blackboard App which is available on students.keele.ac.uk. This will enable you to:-
• Quickly view updates to your courses and content
• Take assignments and tests
• View course, assignment and test grades
If you are intending to buy a laptop to help with your studies, the IT Connect Desk in the Library and Information Services Building provide lots of help and advice. The IT Connect Desk also offers a laptop loan service:
- Short term one day loans - free of charge
- Long term up to two weeks - chargeable service
The IT services e-shop also sells a range of IT equipment such as charging cables, power adaptors and USB devices. You can find further information about all IT services on the IT website.
Keele University’s secure wireless connection eduroam gives you access on campus, in the halls of residence and teaching buildings. Look for eduroam in your Wifi network list and connect by using your Keele IT account details as the username and password.
For more information please see our IT support information.