Explore this Section
- / Vice Chancellor's Office /
- Vice-Chancellor's Forums /
- VC's Forum 20th January 2015 - Environmental Sustainability
Vice-Chancellor's Forum, Tuesday 20th January 2015 - Environmental Sustainability
The first Vice-Chancellor’s forum is scheduled to take place on Tuesday 20th January 2015 at 12 noon in The Old Library, Keele Hall. The topic of the first forum will be Environmental Sustainability, specifically, the engagement of students with the environmental sustainability agenda. The Forum will take the form of a small group debate involving 15 - 20 people from across the University. A working lunch will be provided.
The purpose of the Vice Chancellor’s Forum will be to facilitate debate on what the University is currently doing to engage students with the environmental sustainability agenda and to discuss what actions the University should be taking to increase further student engagement with this particularly important agenda.
Strategic Aim 5 of the draft University Strategic Plan 2015-2020 is, “To promote environmental sustainability in all that we do”. The plan makes reference to the following student specific related objectives under Strategic Aim 5:
Educate our students on environmental issues and provide opportunities for them to put strategies into practice
- Provide opportunities for all our students to learn about environmental sustainability and support University initiatives in this area
- In partnership with the Keele Students’ Unions, co-ordinate student activities that articulate, demonstrate and implement strategies around sustainability
Be sector-leading in environmental education and engagement with business, external organisations and communities
- Continue to embed environmental sustainability throughout our curriculum
If you would like to take part in the Forum, could you please apply for a place by emailing Howard Bell in the Vice-Chancellor’s Office at h.s.bell@Keele.ac.uk by Friday 12th December 2014.
The invite to take part in the first Forum is extended to both staff and students.
THE NOTES OF THE VC's FORUM HELD ON 20TH JANUARY CAN BE FOUND HERE