Telephone directory menu

Keele access only:

Emergency Services


Always dial 999 to raise the alarm and notify the Fire Service, (there may be slight delay in getting an outside line if using a Keele phone). Then dial 888 to notify Security (01782 733004 from a mobile).

All fires must be notified immediately, giving location of the Fire and your Name. Tell the Duty Porter that you have summoned the emergency services and the porter will then arrange for the fire or ambulance service to be met at the Main entrance.

When the alarm sounds, direct Staff, Students and Visitors, as quickly and quietly as possible from the buildings to the assembly areas where a roll call will be taken

If it is safe to do so, tackle the fire with the fire fighting equipment provided.

Do not stop to collect personal belongings or re-enter the buildings unless authorised to do so.

For complete details relating to Fire Accidents, see the Section on Emergency Procedures in the Safety Handbook.

Accidents - Ambulance

Where it is judged that an Ambulance is required, dial 999 to summon the ambulance service, then dial 888 or (01782 733004 from a mobile), also tell the Duty Porter that you have summoned the Ambulance. Tell them precisely where you are so that the Ambulance can be guided from the Main entrance as quickly as possible.

Transport of students and staff for medical treatment

Current guidance is available.

Minor Accidents

Minor accidents, not requiring an ambulance, may be dealt with by a Designated First Aider.


24 hour Security may be called on 33004 (01782 733004 from a mobile), or 888 for an emergency.

Equipment Breakdown

In case of failure of mechanical or electrical services, telephone:

Office hours: (8.45 a.m. to 5 p.m.) 33137 (01782 733137 from a mobile).
Outside office hours: 888

Police Non Emergency

Call 101 to contact the police to report less urgent crime and disorder or to speak to your local officers.

* if your car has been stolen

* if your property has been damaged

* if you suspect drug use or dealing in your local area

* to report a minor traffic accident

*to give the police information about crime in your area

*to speak to the police about a general enquiry




IT Service Desk