How to Apply 2018/19

If you are a current, returning Postgraduate student at Keele, you need to think about the following options for accommodation for the next academic year.

Are you eligible for University accommodation? – our Priorities for the Allocation of University Accommodation can be found here.  Unless you are in one of the categories listed, you are not eligible to apply for accommodation.

Looking to live off campus? – If you are not eligible or are unsuccessful in applying for campus accommodation, you will need to look for somewhere to live in the local area.  You can find lots of information, advice and properties.

What are the key dates?

  • End of January – if you require your application to be supported by Disability Support you must contact them by the end of January.
  • End of January - Students' Union Housing Fair - to look for off campus accommodation.
  • January – there will be 3 days in which you can apply for accommodation. We will e-mail information on these dates to all students.
  • January/February – offers of accommodation are available (you will be notified before this date).Picture of a female student working
  • January/February – deadline for accepting your accommodation contract if you wish to accept the offer. Please remember that once you accept your accommodation contract you are legally bound to pay all fees.  You are given 3 days to accept your offer.
  • 31 August – deadline for paying £150 deposit and £300 part payment towards the first installment of your accommodation fees.

When you apply

You can apply via the KLE – Use Office Tab/Accommodation. You will need to wait for the tab for the next academic year to go LIVE before you can do this. Please do not select the current academic year or your application will be void.

Email addresses

We will use your Keele email address for any correspondence. We will send mailings from address. Please do set this address as a ‘safe sender’ to avoid losing important information from us into your spam folder.


If you want to live with friends you can apply as a group – maximum of 4 people BUT you must ensure when applying that you all use the same group name. It is very important that you all spell it correctly. Our system will not pick up group applications if there are typos or spelling mistakes. Try to make the name as simple and original as possible.

Study Abroad

If you are planning to study abroad next year, for either the 1st semester or the full year, please don’t apply for accommodation.


Once the Agreement is accepted you have a 7 day 'cooling-off period'. This means that if within 7 working days of accepting the Agreement you change your mind and notify us by email of that fact, you will be released from the Agreement. The contract is legally binding and if you change your mind you will still be liable for accommodation fees. You can only be released from the contract in exceptional circumstances such as taking a Leave of Absence or Withdrawing from the University. You may transfer your licence to another student as long as the transfer is done with the knowledge and prior written approval of the University Student Accommodation Office. The new licensee should be a suitable replacement which means that the balance of sexes and nationalities is not adversely affected within the accommodation.


Please note that we are unable to offer accommodation to students currently in debt to the University. If you are offered accommodation and subsequently encounter financial difficulties, you will be expected to clear outstanding amounts due by the end of June. If this happens, you must discuss the situation with the Student Accommodation Manager. Failure to do this may result in us issuing notice to cancel the accommodation agreement.

How much will it cost?

Please see the Fees & Room Types Section