Explore this Section
Applying for University Accommodation
Once you have picked Keele as your firm or insurance choice University or for your postgraduate study, you can apply for accommodation BUT please note:
- You can only apply for accommodation AFTER you have confirmed Keele as your Firm or Insurance choice
- You can only do this AFTER you have received an email from Keele inviting you to make your accommodation application
- It can take up to 3 working days to access the portal after receiving the email from Keele
We will always contact you by email so recommend that you use your PERSONAL email address (not your school one) and always check your SPAM and JUNK folders regularly. Sometimes our emails will go directly to those folders – unfortunately this is an email issue and we can’t control this.
When you go to the application portal you will need to register and set up a password – your user ID will be your Keele student number:
- Please note this is a different portal than one you may have used previously if attending a Offer Holder/Open Day so do not attempt to use any previous log in information (it will not work)
- If you are using a shared computer (i.e. at school, College or University) – we recommend that you clear the browsing history before applying
- If you receive a message saying you cannot apply when you hit the link please wait 24 hours and then try again – do not ring us at this stage. If you cannot access the application form the next day, contact us on 01782 734152 or email: email@example.com – it will take up to 3 working days after you receive the email to apply for accommodation before you can make your online application.
Points to consider
- We only accept online applications
- We will try our best to meet your requirements but we cannot guarantee this and therefore recommend that you choose different room preferences
- Before completing the application form please look at our room types
Submit your application as soon as possible - late applications may affect your priority for accommodation:
- UK/EU applicants - 31st May deadline
- International applicants – 30th June deadline
- Postgraduate - 30th June deadline but there may be availability after this date.
- You can edit your application at any time up to the end of July if you change your mind about your room preferences. If you do make a change we will allocate according to your most recent application
- Rooms are allocated randomly to those who apply by the deadline to ensure equality for everyone - not 1st come 1st served
- University accommodation for undergraduates may also include accommodation off campus with a local accommodation provider and if this is the case you will be notified separately. If we place you in off campus accommodation you will be given a free bus pass.
- After submitting your application you will receive an email confirmation – if you do not receive this within 24 hours please contact us
- Offers will be sent to the email address you have put on your university application and then to your Keele email when this is activated
- You should ensure that you or someone nominated on your behalf will be available if necessary to answer any accommodation queries between June and September
- When you have received your offer of accommodation you will be asked to pay a £450 advance payment (£150 is your refundable deposit and £300 towards your first instalment of fees)
- Room offers will be made as follows:
- Unconditional applicants – by end of July
- Conditional Firm applicants – by end of August/September (depending on when your place is confirmed)
- Postgraduate applications - from June onwards
For information on private off campus accommodation please see Living Off Campus