Explore this Section
- Keele development of New Barnes Halls
- New Students
- New International Students
- Current UG Students
- Postgraduate Students
- Student Life On Campus
- Halls of Residence
- Development projects
- Living Off Campus
- Vacation, Resit & Graduation Accommodation
- Guest Accommodation
- Visitor Accommodation
- Contact Us
- Information for Clearing Applicants
Keele development of New Barnes Halls
Photo's taken November 2017 as the accommodation is nearing completion.
We are pleased and excited about the New Barnes Hall accommodation, but for the students wishing to live in this new accommodation block, which is still under construction, please note the following before applying:
- Students wishing to live in the new accommodation will live at Hawthorns Hall initially (between September and October - when the new accommodation are due to be complete). These rooms have a washbasin or are a shared four person flat
- We expect (if completion is as planned) that students will move to the new accommodation blocks at Barnes Hall during October
- Students wishing to apply for these rooms should choose as a first choice on the accommodation application: HAWTHORNS/BARNES NEW
Based upon the above, the following will take place:
- Initially the Hawthorns contract will be sent
- Within 5 working days of the Hawthorns contract being accepted the Barnes New Build Contract will follow
- Each contract must be accepted within the 3 day timescale
- Failure to accept the second contract will result in the Hawthorns offer being withdrawn
- Students who move rooms in October will continue to pay the cheaper Hawthorns rates until 31st December, after which the price will increase to the Barnes new build rate.
PLEASE NOTE: The room rate for the new Barnes Hall is more than the Hawthorns; Barnes Hall accommodation will be en-suite rooms. Any student wishing to move into the new Barnes Hall accommodation will need to ensure their finances will cover the higher room rates, before applying for these rooms.
An approximate guide to room rates are:
Hawthorns Washbasin Room - £95.42 per week
Hawthorns shared 4 person flat - £91.07 per week
Barnes New En-suite £155.35 per week
Assistance will be provided for room moves, along with boxes.
If you need any further information or have any queries about this, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be pleased to help.