Study Placements

Who can go on Erasmus +?

Both undergraduate and postgraduate students can apply to take part in Erasmus+. You can take part any time after the first year. While studying abroad on a student exchange you must be pursuing the same course of study as you have been pursuing at Keele and if you go on the International Year your courses can be complementary to your degree.

Where can you go on Erasmus +?

Keele University has a number of Erasmus+ agreements for student mobility in Europe. The institution to which you go on an exchange will depend on what you are studying. For more details on where you can go, please visit our European Partner Universities

Information on the programme countries that are involved are below, along with the grant amount per month.

Student Study Mobility




Monthly Grant

Monthly Supplement for students from disadvantaged background

Group 1 countries (high cost of living)

Denmark, Ireland, France, Italy, Austria, Finland, Sweden, United Kingdom, Liechtenstein, Norway









Group 2 countries (medium cost of living)

Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Spain, Croatia, Cyprus, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Iceland, Turkey










Group 3 countries (low cost of living)

Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia








How to apply?

  • If you choose a European destination as part of the semester exchange or International Year you will automatically be eligible for the Erasmus Grant.