What can I study?
Partner University Course Catalogues
How do I use the Partner University Catalogues?
The Partner University catalogues list all the modules offered at that University. However, only a certain number will be taught in each semester - much the same as here at Keele. Class schedules detailing when exact modules will run usually become available from April onwards. This means that you may need to make provisional selections based on the previous year's catalogue.
When looking up your Principal Subjects in the Partner University Catalogues be aware that they may not be known by the same name as they are at Keele. It is unlikely, for instance, that you will find a School of "American Studies" or "International Relations". Similarly, the names of subject areas may well be different. For example:
- English look under "Language & Literature"
- Criminology look under "Justice" or "Criminal Justice"
- Politics look under "Political Science", "Government & Politics", "Political Studies"
- American Studies look for course listings under "History", "Literature", "English", "Politics", "Film Studies", "Popular Culture"
- International Relations look at the Politics entries
You should be taking a total of 30 ECTS, when searching for your Modules.
Not all universities list their modules in ECTs, see the guideline below:
- US - 3 Credits - students only need to take 4 modules =12 Credits are required
- Canada - 3 Credits - students only need to take 4 modules = 12 Credits are required
- Australia - each university will vary, but usually, students will take between 4-5 modules
- Japan - Module weighting can vary from 2 credits to 8 credits, students need to take a maximum 14 credits for the semester.
- Asia - each university will vary, but usually, students will take between 4-5 modules
- Europe - ECTS
You need to take 40% in your subject discipline (it still can be complimentary, but has to be related to your subject area).
- Bishops University, Quebec
- Brock University, Ontario
- Concordia University, Montreal
- Dalhousie University, Nova Scotia
- MacEwan University, Alberta
- University of Guelph, Ontario
- University of Ottawa, Ontario
- University of Alberta, Edmonton
- University of Windsor, Ontario
- Wilfrid Laurier, Ontario
- York University, Toronto
- Appalachian State University, North Carolina
- Ball State University, Indiana
- Bowling Green State University, Ohio
- Butler University, Indianapolis
- Colorado State University, Colorado
- Loyola University, New Orleans
- Minnesota State University, Moorhead
- Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia
- Oklahoma State University
- University of New Mexico
- University of North Carolina Greensboro
- University of North Carolina Wilmington
- University of North Texas
- San Diego State University, California
- University of Southern Maine, Portland
- University of Southern Mississippi
- State University of New York at Plattsburgh
- St Norberts College, Wisconsin
- University of Tennessee
- University of Texas San Antonio
- University of Utah
- Willamette University, Oregon