How do I apply?
To be eligible to apply for/be offered a place on one of our study abroad exchange programmes, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be on an undergraduate degree programme (excluding some Schools in the Health Faculty);
- Have a 60% overall grade average at the end of semester 1 of your second year;
- Have passed all 240 (120 per year) credits at the end of your first and second year;
- We recommend that you have no less than 50% in any individual module.
Making an application
- Research the Partner Universities carefully. On your application you will be asked for your top three choices;
- Please note these two very important points if you are undertaking the Semester Exchange:
- The universities you choose have to offer your subject area;
- Decide in which semester you want to go and check the appropriate courses are offered during that semester
- It is compulsory that you attend an information session. These sessions will provide more information in helping you to choose what route to take and how to select your destination;
- It is important that you discuss your choices with your academic Subject Tutor;
- The application will be released on the 1st November 2019; the deadline for submission is Monday 16th December 2019.
- Module approvals and academic references do not need to be submitted until mid-February;
You will receive the application form via e-vision once you have attended an information session. You will need to book onto an Information Session prior to attending.
What happens next?
Your application will be reviewed and given an overall score. All applications will be ranked and then taking into account the places we have available, allocations will be made following semester 1 results by the middle of February 2020.