We have a number of internationally respected research groups within Chemistry at Keele.
We have a number of internationally respected research groups within Chemistry at Keele. Collaborations are numerous with academic and industrial partners in the UK and overseas, including for example close ties with the Institut Laue-Langevin (ILL) in Grenoble, France - the world’s leading facility in neutron science and technology, and with AstraZeneca - one of the world’s foremost pharmaceutical companies.
The Birchall Centre is home to academics whose general fields of research cover inorganic chemistry and materials science and straddle areas as seemingly diverse as sustainable energy, bioinorganic chemistry, catalysis, polymers, porous materials and surface science. The Birchall Centre fosters an environment in which fundamental and applied sciences across this breadth of fields can both prosper and inform one another.
- Organic and Medicinal Chemistry (Matthew O'Brien, Mike Edwards, Tony Curtis)
- Green Chemistry and Clean Energy (Prof Mark Ormerod)
- Analytical & Spectroscopic Research (Dr David McGarvey,
- Chemical Ecology (Dr Falko Drifjhout, Dr G.R. Jones)
- Bioinorganic Chemistry of Aluminium and Silicon (Prof Chris Exley)