Pathologists and Radiologists (Diagnostic Specialties)
Specifically designed for Pathologists and Radiologists. Interactive, participant-focused and provided by experts with experience in, and knowledge of, your particular challenges.
New date for Autumn/Winter 2023 planned – please click the button above to access our waiting list form.
Our Keele Course aims to prepare you for the transition from training to independent specialist practice at consultant level, introducing you to contemporary concepts of leadership and management, as well as offering insights into the consultant appointment process. The course sessions are themed and linked to the Healthcare Leadership Model and the programme design includes interactive presentations from policy experts, personal development consultants and senior speakers.
Nationally recognised and specialty-specific, the two-day intensive courses have been designed for higher trainees and SAS doctors wishing to prepare for a Consultant position. This will support you in acquiring leadership and management skills, part of the curriculum requirements to complete your training.
Our ST courses focus on
- examining what leading and managing mean in the context of the Consultant role
- creating a sound understanding of how the NHS operates and is financed
- helping course members to prepare for successful interviews and their early years as a Consultant
- enhancing personal effectiveness through a menu of leadership and management skills and techniques.
- a working knowledge of NHS structure, policy and finance to support the early years as a Consultant
- greater proficiency in the key leadership and management skills required for effective practice
Previous course feedback
“Practical and useful tips for consultancy, really appreciated that it was tailored towards the pathology specialties, unlike other management courses. Really interesting, good insight into the NHS as a organisation.”
“The course was very well planned, paced and organised. The content was appropriate for the target audience and delivered by knowledgeable speakers.”
“Really enjoyed all the talks: highly relevant to our stage of training and even beyond.”
“Well balanced sessions with a good mix of interactive and lecture based sessions.”
“Lovely venue with knowledgeable speakers.”