Vaccinations and registering with a health centre

Please ensure all your vaccinations are up to date for life in the UK. If you need any specific vaccines for your course, please contact your school to discuss these if you are at all unsure.

Meningitis and the Men-ACWY vaccination for first-time university entrants from the UK

NHS England strongly advise that first-time university entrants should be vaccinated with Meningococcal ACWY (MenACWY) vaccine before the beginning of the new academic term. UK-based students should hear from your GP with the offer of the MenACWY vaccination, but if you do not, contact them to request it. Please get this vaccine as soon as possible as the risk of contracting Meningitis increases with communal living. If you have not had the Men ACWY vaccination and will be coming on to campus, this will be available to you when you register at Keele Practice.

For more details, please visit the NHS website.

Moving to Keele or the local area?

If you will be moving to Keele or the surrounding area, you will need to register for a local GP surgery. Keele Practice (Health Centre) is located on campus. Please complete online pre-registration with the Practice in plenty of time.

Alongside MenACWY vaccinations, flu vaccinations will also be available for patients who register at the Practice.