If you are eligible for our campus accommodation, you will have been sent information about how to apply to live in our halls of residence. Information about who can apply for campus accommodation, and the order in which we allocate accommodation, can be on our accommodation webpages.
If you need accommodation but haven’t applied yet, email us as soon as possible at email@example.com.
Three things you must do before you arrive:
- Make your advance payment of £450 - please do this when you receive your accommodation offer (and at least two weeks before your arrival date). Find more information about how to pay below.
- Complete your online accommodation induction - please do this before you leave home to come to Keele. It contains all sorts of useful information and you will need to successfully complete this before you are issued with your room key. At the end of the online induction you will find your Accommodation Boarding Pass - print this off so you can hand it in when you collect your keys.
- Book your arrival slot - please keep to your arrival slot and let us know if anything changes.
If you have a disability, you may request an early arrival. Get in touch with our Disability and Dyslexia Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss this.
If you have any questions before you arrive, you can email us at email@example.com or call us on +44(0)1782 734152.
All Keele University bedrooms have the following as standard:
- A bed (beds are single, except in en-suite plus rooms which have 3/4 size beds and en-suite superior rooms which have either 3/4 size or double beds)
- A bedside cabinet
- Curtains or blinds
- A wardrobe
- A desk and chair
- A notice board
- A mirror
- Free Wi-Fi
The kitchens in halls each have:
- A cooker and microwave
- A fridge and freezer
- A sink with hot and cold water (cold water is suitable for drinking)
- Worktop space and cupboards
- A kettle
Some kitchens also have an iron and ironing board, and a toaster.
If you would like to, you can order a kitchen starter pack and bed linen from us in advance (online via the Accommodation tab on the Accommodation Portal - where you applied for accommodation. Rice cookers are available to buy in the UK.)
What to bring:
Tick off your items as you pack to make sure you don't forget anything!
- Print off and bring your Accommodation Boarding Pass
- A duvet and pillows (please note that there are not provided by the University)
- Bed linen
- Crockery / cutlery / cooking equipment
- A clock
- Tea towels
- Some photos / small personal items to make your room feel homely and cosy!
- An adaptor if you're bringing electrical items from overseas
Any electical equipment that you bring (hairdryer, hair straighteners, lamps, etc...) must be PAT tested. If you can't do this before you arrive, don't worry - we provide a free testing service in each hall.
There will also be kitchen equipment such as pots, pans, crockery, utensils and cooking dishes available to buy from the Green Keele Great Donate stalls during Keele Welcome.
What NOT to bring:
- Candles and other items that have a naked flame
- Mini fridge (if you have a medical reason why you need a mini-fridge, we can provide this for you - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Extension cables - these must be PAT tested before they are used or you can buy one from our campus store
- Items that need hanging up with nails or hooks - you will be charged for any damage caused by using these items
- Fairy lights
- Weapons, knives, imitation guns
- Pets or animals (including fish)
Please have a look at our move-in day web page.
To help to keep everyone safe from coronavirus, please note that visitors will not be allowed into your campus accommodation for at least the first semester of the 2020/21 academic year. Of course, we will let you know if this changes.
You can still invite family or friends to come and visit you while while you're staying at Keele, but they must not enter your accommodation.
Please find out more about accommodation fees and how to pay on the money section of our Welcome web pages.
If you spot that something isn't working as it should, please log this via Service Desk - the sooner we know about it, the sooner we can fix it.
- Log in to Service Desk
- Choose the 'Accommodation' tile
- Choose 'Request a repair' (and choose the type) from the options on the right
- Complete and submit the form
- Want to know how the repair is progressing? Log back into Service Desk and check on the logged repair
Find out about how we prioritise repairs to ensure health and safety on this Accommodation web page.