Explore this Section
- / Student Services /
- Money advice and guidance /
- Archive Awards /
- The Keele Excellence Scholarship 2016
The Keele Excellence Scholarship
About our £2,000, £1,000 and £500 cash awards
The Excellence Scholarship is a cash award paid to students who attain the highest grades in their pre-entry qualifications, regardless of household income levels.
To receive the Scholarship you must
- commence a full-time undergraduate degree course at Keele University in September 2016
- be a UK or EU student liable to pay £9,000 tuition fees (2016-17)
- achieve at least ABB in your A levels (or equivalent). The amount of money you receive will depends on your grades.
Students with the relevant grades in a mixture of qualifications (for example, two Distinctions in a BTEC qualification and an "A" grade in one A level) could be eligible to receive an Excellence Scholarship.
Please note that the list of eligible grades is not an exhaustive list. If you believe your qualifications may be equivalent to ABB+ at A level then please contact us using the contact details below (see 'How to Apply')
- The Scholarship will not be awarded to students who receive NHS or other public funding for their course.
- Students taking undergraduate medicine will not receive the Keele Excellence Scholarship.
- The Excellence Scholarship is aimed at students who are taking their first degree. Students who have a degree or equivalent level qualification will not be considered for a Keele Excellence Scholarship.
- Please see Terms and Conditions for further information
If you are an EU student and your qualifications are not listed please contact the International Team who will be able to assess your qualifications - email@example.com.
Please note Keele University use UK NARIC information when calculating grade equivalencies for further information: https://www.naric.org.uk
How to apply
There is no need to apply, the Scholarship is automatically applied if you meet the criteria.
If you have any queries about eligibility for Excellence Scholarships, please use the following contact details:
Students living in the UK: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students living in the EU: email@example.com
Other funding opportunities
If you are eligible for this scholarship and also qualify for one of our income-based scholarships, you will receive both. That's an additional £1,000 on top of your Excellence Scholarship!
Students paying international tuition fees will not be eligible for the Excellence Scholarship (there is a separate scheme for international students who achieve academic excellence, click here for further information).
2016 Excellence Scholarship Criteria (Word doc)