School of Social Science and Public Policy
Explore this Section
- / Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences /
- School of Social Science & Public Policy /
- SSPP People /
- Staff /
- Sian Edwards
|Title:||Lecturer in Education|
|Role:||Admissions Officer Education|
I joined Keele University as a Lecturer in Education in January 2018. Prior to this, I worked at Keele as Head of Foundation Year Social Science, Humanities and Business. I started teaching within SSPP in 2011 whilst completing my ESRC funded PhD, before joining the Foundation Year Centre in 2015. My BSc (joint honours Education and Psychology), MRes and PhD have all been studied at Keele University.
My research interests are;
- Youth and Childhood Policy
- Social Justice and Inequalities
- Educational Inequalities and Identities –gender and class
- Higher Education and Student Identity.
- EDU - 10029 Childhood, Policy and Education
- EDU - 10030 Education in Britain: past, present and future
- EDU - 10072 Too Poor to Learn? Poverty, Education and Social Policy
- EDU - 20020 Research Strategies and Methods in Education
- EDU - 30073 Education, Work and Identity.