School of Social Science and Public Policy
Explore this Section
- / Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences /
- School of Social Science & Public Policy /
- News & Events
Internationalisation of Higher Education across Europe One Day Conference: 7th June 2018
Internationalisation of Higher Education across Europe: rationales, representations of international students and teaching excellence: 7th June 2018, 11.00am - 4.00pm
We are inviting paper proposals for a one day conference ‘Internationalisation of Higher Education across Europe: rationales, representations of international students and teaching excellence.’ Funded by the Institute for Social Inclusion at Keele University and co-hosted by Manchester University, the conference will explore comparative perspectives on internationalisation of higher education across Europe. The central aim of the conference is to identify how different rationales for internationalisation, evolving under conditions of marketisation of higher education, position international students in educational destination countries.
We therefore invite contributions that will focus on (but are not limited to) the following questions:
- What are national policy and institutional rationales behind ‘more energetic’ recruitment of International students in European countries?
- How may these rationales position and represent international students and
- What consequences specific representations of international students might have for inclusion of international students as democratic ‘equals’?
- Abstracts of 250 words and full author details (name, position, institutional affiliations, email and telephone number) should be submitted by 18th May 2018 latest.
- Submissions should be sent via email to conference organisers Dr Aneta Hayes & Dr Sylvie Lomer.
- Contributors will be notified about the outcome of their submission by 25th May 2018.
- The conference is free to attend and there will be lunch and refreshments. Local travel costs between Keele and Manchester will also be covered. There are also limited travel bursaries (of up to £ 100) available for presenters, so if you are interested in applying, please contact:
Dr Aneta Hayes
Please register for the event here
We will write a special issue proposal based on the insights from the papers presented at the conference. For questions, please contact conference organisers Dr Aneta Hayes and Dr Sylvie Lomer.