School of Social Science and Public Policy
Explore this Section
- / Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences /
- School of Social Science & Public Policy /
- News & Events
12th Pan European Conference on International Relations
Dr Sally Findlow and Dr Aneta Hayes, from the School of Social Science and Public Policy, will be convening a conference section entitled: The ‘glocalized’ nature of education’s role in mediating social and political change around the world' at this year's 12th Pan-European Conference on International Relations to be held in September in Prague, organised by the European International Studies Association (EISA).
Across the five themed panels in this section, it is intended that discussion will focus on:
- the selective drawing on global concepts, networks and capital and circumventing local constraints
- countries undergoing political and economic transition, where the impacts of embedded structural inequalities and longstanding and extensive educational borrowing can be seen clearly
- the spatial and temporal limitations of borrowing, and the unpredictability of outcomes of context-specific fusions
- insights into new, non-combative, ways of managing policy, cultural and ideational conflict through these means.
A special issue arising from the papers submitted to this section is planned.
More information can be found here
The deadline for submitting proposals is 1 Feb 2018. The proposal needs to include a title and an abstract of 250 words. Click for submission guidelines.