Politics, Philosophy, International Relations & Environment
Explore this Section
- / Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences /
- Politics, Philosophy, International Relations and Environment /
Research in Politics, International Relations, and Philosophy has a long and distinguished history at Keele, dating back to the 1950s, when Professor Sammy Finer headed the Department of Politics, and Antony Flew and Ernest Teale headed the (then) two departments of Philosophy. Many distinguished scholars have worked at Keele since then, and our current research continues to follow their example. In particular, we maintain our commitment to interdisciplinary work based on joint research projects with colleagues in working in various areas of the humanities and the natural and social sciences.
|Sammy Finer||Antony Flew|
Current research in Politics, International Relations and Philosophy is largely, though not exclusively, based on the following four research clusters of staff and students, which represent the areas of strongest collaborative teamwork within RC-SPIRE.
- The Centre for Research on Environmental Action and Thought (CREATe)
- Centre for Global Studies at Keele
- Centre for Comparative Politics and Policy (incorporating KEPRU)
- Forum for Philosophical Research
- Centre for Political Theory and Political Philosophy
More information on the research and publications of individual members of staff can be found on the SPIRE staff pages. You can also check for specific areas of expertise at Keele using this guide.
RC-SPIRE is part of Keele University's Research Institute for the Social Sciences.