Half Day Workshop
Emerging Machine Learning, Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Methodologies and Their Applications
We cordially welcome you to attend a half day workshop focusing on the theme:
“Emerging Machine Learning, Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Methodologies and Their Applications”. We are glad to inform you that our speakers are:
(a) Dr Ioannis Brilakis is a Laing O'Rourke Reader in Construction Engineering and the Director of the Construction Information Technology Laboratory at the Division of Civil Engineering of the Department of Engineering at the University of Cambridge, UK.
(b) Mr Rana Ghosal, Associate Technical Director from Arcadis, Birmingham, UK.
(c) Dr Adam Wootton, Lecturer in the School of Computing and Mathematics, from Keele University, UK.
Date: Wed, 27th Nov 2019, between 2pm to 5pm, comprising of 4 talks and a refreshment break of 30 mins. Free and open to all. All are invited.
Venue: Keele University, School of Computing and Mathematics, Staffordshire ST5 5BG, Colin Reeves Building CR114.
- Introduction to Computing in Keele University (Dr Bappaditya Mandal, Keele University): 2pm to 2:10pm.
- Opening Keynote Guest Lecture (Prof. Ioannis Brilakis, Cambridge University) 2:10pm to 3:00pm. Titled: “Digital Twinning for the Built Environment”.
- Break (provided free refreshments): 3:00 to 3:30pm.
- Second Lecture (Mr Rana Ghosal, Arcadis): 3:30pm to 4:20pm. Titled: “Digital disruption and resilience in construction industry”.
- Third Lecture (Dr Adam Wootton, Keele University): 4:20pm to 4:50pm. Titled: “Heterogeneous data fusion in the context of non-destructive testing and structural health monitoring using echo state networks”.
- Any other discussion & closing address: 4:50pm to 5pm.
This workshop is sponsored by British Computer Society (BCS) Academy New Appointments Scheme Grant.
- Event date
- Event Time
- Colin Reeves Building CR114
- Dr Bappaditya Mandal
- Contact email
- Contact telephone
- +44 (0)1782-7-33076