Explore this Section
- / Directorate of Student and Academic Services /
- Academic Services /
- Legal & Governance /
- Governance /
- Committees /
The Council is the supreme governing body of the University. It has a collective responsibility to promote the University’s well-being and, in particular, for the proper management and financial solvency of the institution. Major policy decisions, as well as corporate strategy, are also subject to its approval.
The Council has a majority of lay members (neither employees nor students of the University), and includes among its members representatives of staff and students.
- Powers of the Council
- Council Membership
- Council Member Biographies
- Council Structure
- Council Minutes
- Council Standing Orders
- Council Cover Sheet
- Council Resources (Restricted Access)*
- Council Papers (Restricted Access)*
* Please note that these papers are held in a password protected area. You should contact the Legal & Governance Team for details of the username and password.
If you require any further information please contact Fiona Dumbelton.
University Council Dates
Thursday 19th September 2019 (Joint Council and Senate)
Thursday 21st November 2019
Thursday 13th February 2020
Thursday 14th - Friday 15th May 2020
Thursday 9th July 2020
Thursday 17th September 2020 (Joint Council and Senate)
|Committees of Council:|