Explore this Section
- / Directorate of Student and Academic Services /
- Academic Services /
- Governance /
- Committees /
The Senate is the academic governing body of the University. Its responsibility is to direct academic policy in relation to teaching and research and to assure itself that the University's academic standards are properly observed. Degrees, Diplomas, Certificates, Fellowships, Scholarships, prizes and other distinctions of the University are awarded by the Senate.
To view the Senate Committee Structure please click .
Sub - Committees of Senate:
- Senate Approvals Group
- Academic Appeals Committee
- Examination Boards
- Research Committee
- Exceptional Circumstances Committee
- University Learning & Teaching Committee
- University Postgraduate Research Committee (Joint Committee of Research Committee and ULTC)
The Senate has 59 members comprising ex-officio members, members of the electoral roll and students.
Papers for the meeting of Senate must be accompanied by a completed Senate Cover Sheet 2016.