Santander Universities Partnership
Explore this Section
Santander Research Scholarships 2018/19
Funding available for Keele students and staff wanting to travel overseas
Through Keele’s partnership with Santander Universities, now in its 10th year, we are able to offer research and education scholarships to support travel and short visits to overseas institutions to develop or enhance international collaborative activity in either research or education.
Please complete the Santander Research and Education Scholarship Application Form found here. Applications can be made to receive an award of up to a maximum of £3,000.
You will be asked to provide a statement to indicate the reasons why you are applying for the bursary. Your statement should be no more than 500 words, should be well-written and thoroughly thought out. It should include the following:
- Describe the reasons why you are applying for the scholarship including research, education or scholarship area to be explored.
- Nature of the visit and expected outcomes
- Whether this is to build a new link or strengthen an existing one
- Alignment with Faculty strategy
Applications must meet the following criteria:
- Travel must take place before October 2019.
Priority will be given to applications that meet the following criteria:
- Travel to Latin America or Spanish-speaking country
- Travel to Santander Partner Country (information of which can be found here)
When completing your application please give consideration to the International Strategy which can be found here. In particular aims 2 (Developing Key University Partnerships) and 3 (Delivering World-Leading Research) or 4 (Delivering International Student Potential) should be considered.
Applications to support international conference attendance are eligible for consideration provided the following conditions are met:
1) the applicant will actually be presenting research or research-based innovation or scholarship at the main conference
2) the applicant can demonstrate that wider networking and or partnership-building opportunities will be available and that they are being actively pursued in advance of attendance
3) attendance will contribute positively to the international strategy of either a) the faculty, b) the school or (for research) c) the research cluster that is sponsoring attendance
You will be required to write a short report on the use of funds and the benefits you received from the travel/project, and may also be invited to participate in a celebration event to mark the success of Keele’s partnership with Santander Universities.
Please note – we need to remind applicants that the Santander schemes attract high levels of interest: consequently this is a competitive process where applications will be measured in articulating response to criteria above. The final outcomes will be determined by a panel of senior academics.
The closing date for applications is 28th February 2019. Successful applicants will be notified by 22nd March 2019.
Any queries should be sent to email@example.com.