Explore this Section
|Programme:||PhD / MPhil|
|Duration:||PhD – 3 years full-time, 6 years part-time
MPhil – 1 year full-time, 2 years part-time
|Starting Date:||Any time of the year|
|Entry Requirements:||See here|
|International entry requirements||We accept a range of qualifications from other institutions.
Standard English Language requirements apply. Details here.
Research opportunities in the biological, biomedical and life sciences include a wide range of topics in mammalian molecular biology, molecular medicine, epigenetics, proteomics, physiology, structural biology and neuroscience. There is an emphasis on links to clinical and other complementary expertise across the four sites comprising the University Hospital North Midlands, RJAH Orthopaedic Hospital at Oswestry, the Haywood Hospital and Keele University campus. A wide range of research facilities and state-of-the-art equipment are available in purpose-built laboratories in the Huxley Building (School of Life Sciences), the Guy Hilton Research Centre (Hartshill, Hospital site) and RJAH Oswestry, including the Keele Mass Spectrometry Facility .
Research Subject Areas:
- Cell and Molecular biology - Dr Helen Price; Professor Gwyn Williams; Professor Paul Horrocks; Dr Catherine Merrick; Dr Rachel Berkson; Dr Mirna Mourtada-Maarabouni; Dr David Mottershead; Dr Ray Amith
- Molecular medicine - Professor Gwyn Williams; Professor Glenn Morris; Dr Alan Richardson; Dr Rachel Berkson; Dr Mirna Mourtada-Maarabouni; Dr David Mottershead; Dr Dan Tonge; Dr Ray Amith
- Apoptosis - Professor Gwyn Williams; Dr Mirna Mourtada-Maarabouni
- Epigenetics - Professor Tony Fryer; Dr Alan Richardson
- Proteomics - Dr Sarah Hart; Professor Glenn Morris; Dr Monte Gates
- Cell physiology and pathology - Professor Divya Chari; Dr Gordon Dent; Dr Michael Evans; Professor Sally Roberts; Dr Alan Harper; Dr Mirna Mourtada-Maarabouni; Dr David Mottershead
- Structural biology - Professor Trevor Greenhough; Dr. Annette Shrive
- Neuroscience - Dr Michael Evans; Professor Rosemary Fricker; Professor Dave Furness; Dr Monte Gates; Dr Chris Adams; Dr Doug Caruana; Dr Stuart Jenkins; Dr Dave Mazzocchi-Jones
- Glycobiology – Dr Mark Skidmore
- Protein biochemistry - Dr David Mottershead
|Tel :||(+44) 01782 734331|