Explore this Section
|Subject area:||Biology; Biochemistry; Neuroscience; Biomedical Science|
|Programme:||PhD / MPhil|
|Duration:||PhD – 3 years full-time, 6 years part-time
MPhil – 1 year full-time, 2 years part-time
|Starting Date:||Any time of the year|
|Entry Requirements:||See here|
|International entry requirements||We accept a range of qualifications from other institutions.
Standard English Language requirements apply. Details here.
Research opportunities in the biological, biomedical and life sciences include a wide range of topics in mammalian molecular biology, molecular medicine, epigenetics, proteomics, physiology, structural biology and neuroscience. There is an emphasis on links to clinical and other complementary expertise across the four sites comprising the University Hospital of North Staffordshire, RJAH Orthopaedic Hospital at Oswestry, the Haywood Hospital and Keele University campus. A wide range of research facilities and state-of-the-art equipment are available in purpose-built laboratories in the Huxley Building, the Guy Hilton Research Centre (Hartshill, Hospital site) and Keele Proteomics Facility.
Research Subject Areas:
- Cell and Molecular biology - Dr Sheila Hope; Professor Gwyn Williams; Dr Paul Horrocks; Dr Catherine Merrick; Dr Rachel Berkson; Dr Mirna Mourtada-Maarabouni; Dr David Mottershead
- Molecular medicine - Professor Gwyn Williams; Professor Glenn Morris; Dr Alan Richardson; Dr Rachel Berkson; Dr Mirna Mourtada-Maarabouni; Dr David Mottershead
- Apoptosis- Dr Sheila Hope; Professor Dave Hoole; Professor Gwyn Williams; Dr Mirna Mourtada-Maarabouni
- Epigenetics - Professor Tony Fryer; Dr Derek Mattey; Dr Alan Richardson
- Proteomics - Dr Sarah Hart; Professor Glenn Morris; Professor Trevor Greenhough
- Cell physiology and pathology - Professor Divya Chari; Dr Gordon Dent; Dr Michael Evans; Dr Mirna Mourtada-Maarabouni; Dr David Mottershead
- Structural biology - Professor Trevor Greenhough; Dr Annette Shrive
- Neuroscience - Dr Michael Evans; Dr Rosemary Fricker; Professor Dave Furness; Dr Monte Gates; Dr Stuart Jenkins
- Physiology - Dr Alan Harper
- Protein biochemistry - Dr David Mottershead
|Tel :||(+44) 01782 734331|