The University’s REF Impact Steering Group has approved a programme of co-ordinated support for impact case study authors, in the run up to REF 2021.
The Directorate of Research, Innovation and Engagement will be investing a further £60,000 during 2019-20. The investment will be used to deliver activities such as the third annual Celebrating Impact Conference (due to take place in summer 2020) and the further development of 42 impact case studies across all three Faculties.
Keele University's Impact and Engagement Festival 2020 took place on 15-19 June 2020.
The purpose of the event was to present and celebrate the high impact research taking place at Keele.
Find out more about the 2020 Festival, and previous Impact Conferences, on the Impact and Engagement Festival page.
In Autumn 2018, Keele launched a programme of workshops to support academic colleagues to develop impact case studies and impact of current and future research. Presenters included Professor Mark Reed of Fast Track Impact, New Economics Foundation Consulting, Parliamentary Office of Science & Technology, Government Open Innovation Team and Saskia Walcott (formerly Head of Communications & Public Engagement for the ESRC).
The programme included:
- 5-6 September 2018 - Fast Track your impact, delivered by Fast Track Impact
- 17 October 2018 - Impact case study writing workshops, delivered by Saskia Walcott
- 8 November 2018 - International development with lasting impact, delivered by Fast Track Impact
- 6-7 December 2018 - Evidencing economic impacts of research, delivered by New Economics Foundation
- 8 February 2019 - Achieving and evidencing policy impact, delivered by Parliament and Government staff
For support on developing an impact case study, please contact your Faculty Partnership Development colleague:
Humanities & Social Sciences
Medicine & Health Sciences