PGR Appeals

You can appeal against a decision of RDC, acting under Regulation 2D, by following Regulation 7.

If you need advice in relation to an Appeal please contact the discipline, complaints, grievances and Appeals team.  Their webpages also contain useful information.

Alternatively, you may wish to seek assistance from the Advice and Support at Keele unit (ASK) who are located in the Students' Union building. Please see their website , email  or call 01782 734800

PGR Complaints Procedure

If you are unhappy with any aspect of your experience at Keele you can submit a complaint to the University, as detailed in the PGR Code of Practice on Postgraduate Research Degrees.

Every effort should be made to resolve your issue on an informal basis in the first instance, without recourse to a formal procedure. In most Research Institutes, your first course of action should be to contact your supervisor to discuss the matter. 

Each Research Institute has its own complaints procedure and details of each of these can be found in the relevant Research Institute's handbook

If you are unable to resolve your complaint informally through the Research Institute's procedure, you can submit a formal complaint to the University under REGULATION 26: Student Complaints.

If you need advice in relation to a complaint, please visit the Student Conduct Team webpages. Alternatively, you may wish to seek assistance from Advice & Support at Keele (ASK). ASK are located in the KeeleSU building. Their webpages can be found at and they can be contacted on 01782 734800.