Nicola began working as a Teaching Fellow in the School of Psychology in September 2017 and subsequently completed a Post Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, granting her Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy.
Nicola was made an Education and Scholarship Lecturer in October 2019. Nicola completed her Phd in Psychology at Keele in 2018.
Nicola is currently the Undergraduate Psychology Programmes Director.
Nicola is a co-lead of the Keele Children and Young People's Research Network and her main research interests lie within the topic of inclusion. In particular, Nicola is interested in both social and academic inclusion and the factors that put individuals at risk, e.g. disabilities. Previously, her research focused on bullying and victimisation in children with and without SEND. More recently, Nicola has started investigating these areas in a university setting, working with students.
- Introduction to Developmental and Social Psychology
- Introduction to Cognitive and Biological Psychology
- Introduction to Research Design for Psychology
- Introduction to Statistics
- Science Communication
- Survey and Qualitative Research Methods
- Cognitive and Biological Research Methods in Psychology
- Qualitative & Survey Research Design
- Final Year Project
- Psychology in Education
- Advanced study in Child Development (Module Leader)
- MSc Dissertations
- Research Apprenticeship
- Disability Liaison Officer
- Psychology PGT Director
- Undergraduate Psychology Programmes Director
- Open Day and Offer Holder Day Team Member
- Special Interest Leader (Children and Young People's Research Network)