School of Psychology
Explore this Section
Dr. Lois de Cruz
|Title:||Lecturer in Counselling|
|Phone:||+44 (0)1782 733319|
|Location:||Dorothy Hodgkin Building 1.68|
Lois is a trained person-centred counsellor who has worked for the NHS as a counsellor in a local GP practice and in the voluntary sector. She was awarded her PhD on “Women’s perceptions of their experience of miscarriage decades after the event: an interpretative phenomenological analysis” in March 2016 from Keele University. Lois is a qualitative researcher with interests in interpretative phenomenological analysis, thematic analysis, phenomenology, reflexivity, counselling for bereavement and loss and especially reproductive loss.
- May 2016 Using Reflexivity in Qualitative Research 10th Annual Keele Conference
- March 2015 “It’s changed who I am and my life: The psychological impact of miscarriage” 9th Annual Keele Conference
- March 2014 “Reaching for the Moon: A reflection on my PhD journey” 8th Annual Keele Research Conference
- February 2014 “Giving voice: Women’s experience of miscarriage” PhD Conference in School of Psychology, Keele University.
- March 2013 “Miscarriage and the emotional life” 7th Annual Keele Conference
- May 2012 “Bracketing or embracing: reflections on the stance of the qualitative researcher” BACP Research Conference Edinburgh 2012
- May 2012 Performance of a collective biography “vulnerability” (Co-presented) BACP Research Conference Edinburgh 2012
- March 2012 “Unseen and unheard: women’s experience of miscarriage many years after the event” 6th Annual Keele counselling Conference Conference
- March 2011 “Bracketing or Embracing: Reflections on the stance of the qualitative researcher” 5th Annual Keele Counselling Conference
- March 2010 “Up close and personal: The role of the bracketing interview in interpretative phenomenological analysis and its impact on the researcher.” 4th Annual Keele Counselling Conference
- Stream Lead for the Professional Counselling Training Route
- Module leader for the Research Methods Module PSY-40026
From January 2012 - August 2012 Lois was a research Assistant to Dr Jane Hunt in the School of Psychology working on “An exploration of transgender peoples' experiences of seeking and receiving counselling/psychotherapy outside of Gender Identity clinics in the UK”.