Keele Children's and Young People's Research Network
Online research methods webinar
We set up this webinar to provide ideas around how to take research online and how to work with a wider population pool than you might normally access in face-to-face settings. We have an array of speakers with expertise in varying aspects of carrying out research online with children and young people. We are particularly thrilled to have Marjorie Rhodes and Moira Dillon joining us from New York University who have been conducting research online for some time. We have also secured speakers who can offer some technical suggestions for overcoming the challenges of remote research.
There are three sessions which will run sequentially with dedicated time for discussions after short presentations from speakers. The meeting space will remain open for two weeks after the event to allow for further discussion and presentations will be recorded and available after the initial webinar.
- Professor Marjorie Rhodes, New York University - Unmoderated remote research with children - www.discoveriesonline.org
- Dr Moira Dillon, New York University - Online labs: under development - www.labdevelopingmind.com
- Discussion on the general principles of doing research remotely
- Dr Alexandra Kent, Keele University - Recording naturalistic settings in the home
- Dr Rohan Kapitány, Keele University - Collecting developmental data online with parents as research assistants
- Dr Sarah Rose, Staffordshire University - Children's drawings online
- Dr Bonamy Oliver, Goldsmiths, University of London - Adapting traditional methods to observe parent-child ineractions online
- Discussion about collecting remote data using experimental and observational methods
- Dr Claire Fox, Manchester Metropolitan University & Dr Nick Garnett, Keele University - attention in surveys with children and young people, ethics, and safeguarding
- Professor Nick Hulbert-Williams, University of Chester - Engaging teenagers in online surveys and intervention research: lessons learned from cancer survivorship research
- Discussion about online survey methods and intervention methods
- Thursday 2 July 2020 at 14:00-15:30 (BST) - Live speakers
- The meeting will be hosted via MS Teams, to join us please email email@example.com
- Please do feel free to join the discussion even if you can't join us on the day.
In association with the British Psychological Society Developmental Section.
- Event date
- Event Time
- Keele Children's and Young People's Research Network
- Contact email
- Contact telephone