School of Psychology
Explore this Section
- / Faculty of Natural Sciences /
- School of Psychology /
- Counselling courses /
- Conferences /
- 7th Conference 2013
7th Keele Counselling Conference 16th to 17th March 2013
Theme: Counselling and the Emotional Life.
This year the theme 'counselling and the emotional life' gave rise to a number of fascinating keynote talks, research papers and workshops. The conference offered a forum for discussion, exploration and debate around this theme in the areas of counselling and psychotherapy theory, research and practice. Please follow the links below to access copies of some of the keynote papers, presentations and workshops given at the conference this year (PDF format).
- Peter Cook. Under Two Moons: Observations and reflections on the Emotional Life of the Counselling Relationship
- Dr. John Hegarty. Nature never betrays the heart that loves her: Reflections on nature, emotions and counselling
- Peter Pearce, Ros Sewell and Helen Coles. Depression, counselling and the emotional life
- Colin Lago. Emotions - our public and private trajectories: expression, exclusion, experience and empathy
- Dr. Sheila Spong and Rachel Waters. Community engaged research in a counselling research clinic: first steps
- Dr. Maggie Robson. The emotional experience of doing a dissertation
- Dr. Maggie Robson. Experiences of personal development groups as part of counsellor training
- Gwyn Booth. Lost and Found: a heuristic Research Study
- Lois de Cruz. Miscarriage and the emotional life
- Terry Burridge. Narnia in the consulting room
- Rowan Imolc. Clients’ experiences of relational depth during counselling sessions, and how these experiences have influenced life outside the therapeutic relationship
- Dr. Jane Hunt. Listening to clients’ voices: transgender people’s experiences of seeking and receiving counselling
- Peter Cook. Meeting the client at emotional depth
- Jane Johnson. How do I look after myself as a therapist?
- Dr. John Hegarty and Janet Heath. Emotional experiences in nature: A rich harvest for therapists?
- Anne Burrows and Lois de Cruz. Reading between the lines: literature and our emotional lif
- Clive Huntbach and Sally Chisolm. Self harm or self-care: Are these two sides of the same coin?
- Máiréad Walsh and Shona Neal. "Who's feeling what? The emotional life of my family of origin."
- Hil Campbell. How do you cope with crisis in your life?
- Peter Pearce and Ros Sewell. Tenuous contact: person centred work with adolescents and teenagers
- Kathryn Kimbley. Animals in the room: an exploration of animals as providers of core conditions
- Shona Neal and Máiréad Walsh. An exploration of our relationship with our own mortality
- Linda Barnsley and Diane Pheonix. Inner Child Workshop
- Colin Lago. Emotions- Our public and private trajectories
- Anne Burrows. An introduction to mindfulness