Information Governance and Security
- / Information Governance and Security /
- Information Governance /
- Check your Information is being Handled Correctly /
- COVID Lateral Flow Test Registration - Privacy
COVID Lateral Flow Test Registration
Why we need to process your personal data
The University is the data controller for the information you provide in the Lateral Flow Test Registration form; it will use this data to ensure the safe and effective organisation of testing and movement of students during the pandemic. The University is processing this personal information as it is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest in accordance with Article 6(1)(e) of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Information Storage and Sharing
Registration data will be stored on the University's UK-based Microsoft cloud server; this will be stored securely for 21 days before deletion.
Information may be shared with the NHS and/or Staffordshire County Council to support Test and Trace in the event of a potential or actual outbreak of COVID-19. Staffordshire County Council and NHS Test and Trace will handle all data securely and ensure it is used only for the purposes of protecting public health, including minimising the transmission of COVID-19.
On the day of your test:
- Upon arrival to the testing site, you will need to self-register your personal details on the Government’s registration portal: https://www.gov.uk/enter-lateral-flow-test This information will be processed by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC); you can read how they handle this personal data at: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-privacy-information
- At the testing site, you will receive a set of barcodes with a unique reference number (supplied by DHSC) and will need to use this number to complete your registration. This unique reference number is used by DHSC and NHS Test and Trace to link you to your individual test sample and results.
- You will then self-administer a nose and throat swab under supervision and staff will process the test. You will receive notification of your result via SMS and/or email from NHS Test and Trace.
For further information of how the University processes your personal data, the rights you have in connection with that processing and the contact details of the Data Protection Officer, please see the University’s main privacy notice.