Keele annual teachers' and advisers' conference
Keele University is hosting its annual teachers' and advisers' conference on Thursday 5 June at Keele Hall. The conference is aimed at careers advisers, heads of sixth form and anyone with responsibility for learners progressing into higher education.
The keynote speaker has been confirmed as Paul Teulon, Director of Admissions at King’s College London, who will give a topical update on ‘Curriculum Reform vs Admissions Reform: Score Draw’. Paul is also Chair of the UCAS National Qualifications Information Service Advisory Group and so is well placed to provide an insight into the changes taking place.
Delegates will be able to attend five breakout sessions from the following broad themes:
· Routes into undergraduate degree programmes and adding value
· Getting into university – admissions and related
· Study, financial and student support
· Information, advice and guidance for learners – sharing best practice
· Plus opportunities to see the beautiful Keele campus and the Keele observatory
The conference is free to attend, with lunch and refreshments provided.
The booking form and further details can be found at www.keele.ac.uk/advisersconference with a deadline of Friday 9 May. If you have colleagues who are involved in supporting learners with transition into higher education then please pass this on.