KeeleSU Sustainable Clothing Fashion Show
KeeleSU Hosts Sustainable Clothing Fashion Show
On Monday 27 May Keele University Students’ Union will be hosting its first ‘Sustainability’ Fashion Show to raise funds for Staffordshire Wildlife Trust and Oxfam UK.
The student-led event will include catwalk shows, dance performances, a local clothes and craft fair and a large scale raffle and will be supported by local community groups, photographers and designers. Student-designed eco clothing and accessories will be modelled on the night, as well as donated eco, organic and Fairtrade clothes from around the UK.
Jennifer Holland, one of the Student Activities Coordinators said of the event, “We’re thrilled to be working alongside such innovative local community projects such as Fenton Community Scrap Shack and important national and local designers. We look forward to welcoming students and members of the public alike through the doors of the Students’ Union.”
Doors open at 6pm on Monday 27th May for an initial shopping period, with the catwalk show starting at 7pm and finishing at 9pm. Tickets are £2.00 for students/concessions, £3.00 for adults and will be on sale from 1st May from KeeleSU Reception or can be reserved by calling 01782 733700 in advance and paid for on collection on the night.
For more information, contact: Jennifer Holland, KeeleSU Activities and Representation Coordinator
01782 733822 | email@example.com| keelesu.com
- Over 40 national and international companies are involved in the event.
- There will be 22 stalls at the event, ranging from organic cupcakes to local eco clothing companies.
- All press and bloggers are welcome to attend the Fashion Show free of charge and will receive an eco-sample goody bags as a thank you. (Please inform us if attending)
- All members of the general public are welcome to attend, with children under 13 given free entry to the event, when accompanied by an adult.
- Keele University has long promoted environmental sustainability and green technology and in 2011 opened its ‘Sustainability Hub’ in a derelict farm on campus, as well as a ‘Sustainable Student House’. The 2013 KeeleSU Fashion Show continues the theme by showcasing sustainable, ethical and ecologically friendly products, from across the region.
- ‘KeeleSU Activities Coordinators’ comprise a dedicated team, in place promote all aspects of the student experience and to ensure that students make the most of their time at university, taking every opportunity to enhance and articulate their skills to future employers.