- / 2011
Try something different for Fairtrade Fortnight at Keele University
Keele University is celebrating Fairtrade Fortnight with talks, crafts, competitions and delicious food.
From Monday, February 28, to Friday, March 11, a range of Fairtrade products, including chocolate, fruit juice, muffins and flapjacks will be available from Vite and Eat in the Chancellor’s Building, while cakes made from Fairtrade ingredients will be on sale in the nearby Le Café.
Special events during the fortnight include:
- A talk by Juliana Sampana, a shea butter producer from Ghana and president of the Acoma Co-operative Multi-Purpose Society, on Wednesday, March 2, from 3pm to 5pm in the Chancellor’s Building
- Basketball and football tournaments in the Sports Centre on Saturday, February 26, and Sunday, February 27
- A Fairtrade stall selling craft items and jewellery on Tuesday, March 1, from 10am to 3pm in the Chancellor’s Building
- A Fairtrade debate with Keele Politics Society on Thursday, March 3, at 7pm
- Pancake day celebrations in the Comus restaurant and a pancake tossing competition in Lindsay Bar on Tuesday, March 8
- A “Big Brew” stall serving Fairtrade drinks in Le Café in the Chancellor’s Building on Tuesday, March 2, and Wednesday, March 9, both 2pm to 4pm.
Further information on Fairtrade at Keele.