Explore this Section
The Sustainable Pharmacy interdisciplinary research group draws on expertise in all areas of science and medicine, nucleated around the research interests of ISTM members in Keele's School of Pharmacy. It addresses sustainable healthcare and pharmacy issues identified by the Government Steering group on the Improving the use of Medicines (for better outcomes and reduced waste). These priorities include:
- Involvement of patients in decisions about their treatment to help them use their medicines effectively
- Reduction of the scale and cost of medicines waste
- Optimisation of the supply and use of medicines, including optimisation in the synthesis and production of medicines.
- Reduction in the harm associated with medication use.
- Enhanced use of the Pharmacist in the community (including in implementing Public Health priorities) and in the developing healthcare setting.
For postgraduate research opportunities please go to the Prospective Student page.