I started my position as IT/AV Technician in July 2016 working in the School of Pharmacy. My background was IT Support working in an educational environment supporting special needs schools. This was very varied and challenging, however I joined the School of Pharmacy to increase my own knowledge in IT as I take on the duties of supporting IT over the department. My current duties include the following:
- Supporting Undergraduate and Postgraduate students and staff in the use of IT and AV equipment.
- Resolving and troubleshooting IT issues as they arise on a wide range of technical issues.
- Setting up equipment in preparation for staff and students.
- Assisting and supporting the Schools facilities such as the 3D Health Cinema, DHH and CSS.
- Supporting the Schools learning resources such as the Augmented Reality apps and Virtual Patient (PharmaCard, KARE).
- Procurement of IT resources to support staff and students.
- Supporting and managing the Schools Virtual Learning Environment (KLE)