What is it like to be a RUG member?
RUG Members have the opportunity to:
- Be members of Advisory Groups (give advice on reserach design)
- Read and give feedback on research material (e.g. questionnaires, letters to patients. consent forms)
- Comment on research proposals
- Be members of project steering committees
- Be co-applicants on grant submissions
"An extradinary group of medics, academics and patients able to work together to make something effective that potentially will dramatically change the way doctors, consultants and health care professionals in general deal with their patients...quite breath taking."
"I can bring my experience of being a parent and grandparent, a broad range of general knowledge and life experiences...most importantly, I can bring my knowledge of living with a range of arthritic conditions."
"I have always been amazed that they actually listen to what I have to say, and use the information that I give. So you do feel valued when you work here."