Steps2Nursing is an opportunity for Year 12 students from the local area who are interested in applying to university to study Adult, Children's, Mental Health or Learning Disability Nursing. The scheme will provide interested students with access to Nursing professionals, academics and student nurses.
We offer a limited number of places to students attending colleges and sixth forms local to Keele University (within 20 miles). Students will need to have achieved GCSEs in English and Maths at a Grade 4 and be able to demonstrate an interest in a career in nursing.
Those students successfully completing the programme will be prioritised for interview if applying to Keele for Adult, Children's Mental Health or Learning Disability Nursing.
The aims of the scheme are:
- To highlight and explore the career and progression opportunities within Nursing
- To provide help and support to students from the local area with the application process
- Increase students’ chances of success through activities to develop interview skills
The programme is likely to include the following:
- A day learning about careers within nursing and meeting the professionals/nursing students
- An opportunity to take part in a Clinical Skills session
- A case study based session including team skills development
- Personal statement and application hints and tips
- Interview workshop and mock interviews
Please be aware that these sessions are subject to change due to COVID19 restrictions. We will endeavour to keep the programme as close to the above as possible but some aspects may have to be adjusted.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 6th December 2020. We will be in touch with applicants by Friday 18th December 2020 and the first session will take place in January 2020.