How to apply - international students

The School of Nursing and Midwifery welcomes applications from International Students for its BSc (Hons) Nursing and Midwifery courses.

Keele University is home to many international students from a variety of countries; if you would like further information about the services Keele University offers to overseas applicants and why you should choose us please see our international students pages. Here you’ll find plenty of information to help you, together with a movie to show you what the campus is like and interviews with international students.

Keele receives between 800 and 1,000 international students each year, of around 100 different nationalities. You can speak to an International Student Support Officer at any time if you need any help before or after you arrive. A student mentor can be allocated to you before you get here, to help you settle in to Keele life, so try to make sure you request this as it usually turns out to be really helpful. There’s an English Language Unit on campus to help you get the most from your studies if English isn’t your first language.

If you would like to send us an application to consider then please do so via UCAS and follow our advice listed here.

The courses we offer are listed below. Please click each individual course page for further information and entry requirements. If you do not meet the requirements for entry to one of our 3 year degree courses you may be able to apply for a place on our Health Foundation Year courses.

Once you have applied

Once you have sent your application through the UCAS website, we will screen your application and be in contact directly should we wish to progress to the interview stage. The interview is always online via Skype unless you are studying or visiting the United Kingdom in which case it can be held at the university. You will also need to complete an online numeracy and literacy test. Sample tests are available for you to try.

If you would like to check the tuition fees for the BSc (Hons) Nursing and Midwifery courses please do so via our international tuition fees and scholarships pages.

In order to study overseas you may require a Visa and so you should read the following Visa Information for guidance on how to do this. If an offer to study at Keele University is made you will also be required to apply for a Police Record check and complete a health screening questionnaire, information for both of which will be sent to you to guide you through the process.

Top 10 in Nursing for The Complete University Guide 2020 Student Nursing Times Awards 2019 finalist Bronze Athena Swan Award