School of Nursing and Midwifery
Explore this Section
- School of Nursing and Midwifery Home
- About Us
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- School of Nursing and Midwifery S-SPEC (Ethics) applications
- News & Events
- Information for Mentors
- User & Carer Involvement
- Raising Concerns About Care
- Video Library
- Health Library
- School Intranet
- / Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences /
- School of Nursing & Midwifery /
- Staff /
- Staff A-Z /
- Sarah Lewis
|Title:||Lecturer, Midwifery, Award Lead and Disability Liason Officer|
|Contacting me:||For appointments please email or contact me by phone and leave a message.|
BSc (HONS) Midwifery 1st Class.
MSc Medical Ethics with Law.
Family Planning Nurse Issuer.
PGCE for Further, Higher and Adult Education.
Sarah has worked in a variety of different settings since qualification, from a busy obstetric unit to a midwife led unit, sexual health clinics and other educational establishments. She has worked as a midwife and sexual health / family planner adviser as well as a lecturer. She has done voluntary work in an indigenous women’s health clinic in Australia.
Sarah also works as an external examiner for Bournemouth University.
Sarah has been involved in several research projects covering a different aspects of healthcare including :
- Evaluating treatment options for children exhibiting sexually harmful behaviour.
- Acupuncture in midwifery.
- Use of infant massage.
Sarah also has an interest in pre-verbal linguistics
Sarah teaches across the three year midwifery programme and has leadership responsibility for the year two module. She has previously held module leadership for several modules up to Masters level.
Sarah has many areas of interest to her. She is a fully qualified holistic massage practitioner, an infant massage instructor and a Reiki practitioner. She has research interests in :
- Preverbal linguistics and communication.
- Baby signing.
- Ethical issues around reproduction.
- Complementary therapies and their place in healthcare.
- Bullying in the clinical / academic arena.