Specifically designed for Surgical Specialties. Interactive, participant-focused and provided by experts with experience in, and knowledge of, your particular challenges.
Our Keele Course aims to prepare you for the transition from training to independent specialist practice at consultant level, introducing you to contemporary concepts of leadership and management, as well as offering insights into the consultant appointment process. The course sessions are themed and linked to the Healthcare Leadership Model and the programme design includes interactive presentations from policy experts, personal development consultants and senior speakers.
Nationally recognised and specialty-specific, the two-day intensive courses have been designed for higher trainees and SAS doctors wishing to prepare for a Consultant position. This will support you in acquiring leadership and management skills, part of the curriculum requirements to complete your training.
Our ST courses focus on
- examining what leading and managing mean in the context of the Consultant role
- creating a sound understanding of how the NHS operates and is financed
- helping course members to prepare for successful interviews and their early years as a Consultant
- enhancing personal effectiveness through a menu of leadership and management skills and techniques.
- a working knowledge of NHS structure, policy and finance to support the early years as a Consultant
- greater proficiency in the key leadership and management skills required for effective practice.
Previous course feedback
“Excellent Course delivered at the correct level with some interesting areas to help the early Consultant years.”
“Fantastic Course and great speakers. Now I understand why this course is so highly rated.”
“Excellent to say the least.”
“Very well structured. Very good sessions overall. Really enjoyed the group work.”
“Excellent course. Lots of new things that will help me in securing a Consultant job. Thank you all. Would definitely recommend to other colleagues!”
“Excellent introduction into the health and care sector, the organisational structure and how the individual clinician fits in and can aim to introduce change.”
“Fantastic course! Thank you. Really useful.”