Severn PGME STs
Keele Clinical Leadership and Management course for specialty trainees within Severn Postgraduate Medical Education.
- Thursday 1 and Friday 2 October 2020
- Thursday 22 and Friday 23 April 2021 (Provisional)
- Monday 22 and Tuesday 23 November 2021 (Provisional)
Course Venue: Southmead Hospital, Learning and Research Centre.
Our Bristol Specialty Trainee course focuses on
- examining what leading and managing mean in the context of the Consultant role
- creating a sound understanding of how the NHS operates and is financed
- helping course members to prepare for successful interviews and their early years as a Consultant
- enabling participants to develop skills in service improvement
- enhancing personal effectiveness through a menu of leadership and management skills and techniques.
- a working knowledge of NHS structure, policy and finance to support the early years as a Consultant
- greater proficiency in the key leadership and management skills required for effective practice, including a focus on service improvement
- confidence to apply successfully for a Consultant post.