Specifically designed for Paediatricians. Interactive, participant-focused and provided by experts with experience in, and knowledge of, your particular challenges.
- Monday 22 and Tuesday 23 March 2021
Our Keele Course aims to prepare you for the transition from training to independent specialist practice at consultant level, introducing you to contemporary concepts of leadership and management, as well as offering insights into the consultant appointment process. The course sessions are themed and linked to the Healthcare Leadership Model and the programme design includes interactive presentations from policy experts, personal development consultants and senior speakers.
Nationally recognised and specialty-specific, the two-day intensive courses have been designed for higher trainees and SAS doctors wishing to prepare for a Consultant position. This will support you in acquiring leadership and management skills, part of the curriculum requirements to complete your training.
Our ST courses focus on
- examining what leading and managing mean in the context of the Consultant role
- creating a sound understanding of how the NHS operates and is financed
- helping course members to prepare for successful interviews and their early years as a Consultant
- enhancing personal effectiveness through a menu of leadership and management skills and techniques.
- a working knowledge of NHS structure, policy and finance to support the early years as a Consultant
- greater proficiency in the key leadership and management skills required for effective practice.
Previous course feedback
“Excellent programme, lots of new information around management and structure / functions of the NHS. Some very useful insights into becoming a Consultant.”
“Amazing! Would recommend it to all my colleagues.”
“Well organised course. Facilitators were friendly, approachable as well as knowledgeable.”
“Excellent speakers and course content.”