Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
Specifically designed for Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. Interactive, participant-focused and provided by experts with experience in, and knowledge of, your particular challenges.
- Monday 27th and Tuesday 28th September 2021
Our Keele Course aims to prepare you for the transition from training to independent specialist practice at consultant level, introducing you to contemporary concepts of leadership and management, as well as offering insights into the consultant appointment process. The course sessions are themed and linked to the Healthcare Leadership Model and the programme design includes interactive presentations from policy experts, personal development consultants and senior speakers.
Nationally recognised and specialty-specific, the two-day intensive courses have been designed for higher trainees and SAS doctors wishing to prepare for a Consultant position. This will support you in acquiring leadership and management skills, part of the curriculum requirements to complete your training.
Our ST courses focus on
- examining what leading and managing mean in the context of the Consultant role
- creating a sound understanding of how the NHS operates and is financed
- helping course members to prepare for successful interviews and their early years as a Consultant
- enhancing personal effectiveness through a menu of leadership and management skills and techniques.
- a working knowledge of NHS structure, policy and finance to support the early years as a Consultant
- greater proficiency in the key leadership and management skills required for effective practice
Previous course feedback
“Excellent programme, includes things we need to know that no one really tells you/talks about. Complicated topics made interesting and easy to understand.”
“Well-structured and well run course with fantastic speakers. Learnt so much and met so many new people in my field, good idea to have it specialty specific.”