Specialty and Associate Specialist (SAS) Doctors
This two-day non-residential course is intended for SAS Doctors who wish to enhance their leadership skills in order to take part in leading their service and organisation. The overall aim of the course is to provide greater understanding of today’s healthcare challenges, and to equip participants with the knowledge, skills and attributes to enable them to extend their leadership roles.
The course design includes a mixture of interactive talks from policy experts, personal development consultants and senior clinicians, and small group activities. The sessions are themed and linked to the Healthcare Leadership Model: they include understanding how to be an effective leader in the 21st century and how to use power and influence in organisations.
- Monday 15 and Tuesday 16 June 2020 - COURSE CANCELLED
- Monday 23 and Tuesday 24 November 2020
The course focuses on
- understanding the real challenges as a leader in today’s NHS
- the use of power and influence in organisations, including how to be an effective leader
- how to lead and achieve transformational change in your service
- a better understanding of how to lead in complex situations
- enhanced skills in managing politics and power and working in partnerships
- an appreciation of how to create successful change in your service
Feedback from Previous Participants
“Excellent balance of theory and practical application, given the time available. Practical exercises also good confidence builders in terms of improving self awareness and helping individuals realise they already may have the skills required to negotiate and lead discussions.”
“I thoroughly enjoyed this course and learned a lot about myself and the system I work in.”
“Excellent course, good sessions on management and leadership, very good venue and surroundings. Nice food.”